There are many different types of yoga postures, each with their own unique benefits. Here are a few examples of the different types of yoga postures:
1. Standing postures: These postures are designed to strengthen the legs, core and improve balance.
Examples include Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana), Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) and Tree Pose (Vrikshasana).
2. Sitting postures: These postures are designed to promote flexibility in the hips and improve balance.
Examples include Paschimottanasana, Lotus Pose (Padmasana) and Half Lotus Pose (Ardha Padmasana).
3. Inverted postures: These postures are designed to increase blood flow to the brain and improve balance.
Examples include Headstand (Sirsasana) and Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana).
4. Prone postures: These postures are designed to open the chest and stretch the front of the body.
Examples include Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana).
5. Sopine postures: These postures by lying on back e.g bridge (setukasan), Uttan-padasan.
6. Restorative/ Relaxation postures: These postures are designed to provide deep relaxation, release tension and improve flexibility. Examples include Child’s Pose (Balasana) and Savasan
Yoga practices involve a combination of postures to achieve a holistic balance of body, mind, and breath. Each posture is designed to target specific areas of the body and bring about specific benefits.
Thanks for your time.
Do SHARE, COMMENT and FOLLOW my blog.